Error: Error 1721: there is a problem with this windows installer package
When uninstalling ArcGIS Desktop, the following error appears:
"Error 1721: there is a problem with this windows installer package."
This error occurs when the installation of ArcGIS Desktop has become corrupt.
Run a repair on ArcGIS Desktop, and then uninstall ArcGIS Desktop.
- Insert the ArcGIS Desktop installation disk.
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select ArcGIS Desktop from the list and click Change.
- Select the Repair option.
- Complete the ArcGIS Setup wizard to run a repair.
- Uninstall ArcGIS Desktop by way of Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
Last Modified: 1/10/2017
Article ID: 000010375
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 10, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1