Error: The hardware key does not appear to be plugged into a USB port on this system
After installing ArcGIS License Manager 9.3 onto a 64-bit Windows system and running the 'Display Hardware Key Status' tool, the following error appears:
"The SuperPro driver appears to be installed and running. However, the hardware key does not appear to be plugged into a USB port on this system."
The 7.2.2 version of the sentinel hardware key driver, which comes with ArcGIS License Manager, does not always work on 64-bit systems.
Solution or Workaround
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the Sentinel Protection Installer and uninstall it. If there are multiple versions of the driver installed, uninstall all of them.
- Reboot the computer.
- Download and install the 7.5.0 version of the Sentinel Driver. A link to the Sentinel SuperPro Driver download can be found in Related Information.
- Sentinel SuperPro Driver Download Page
- Verify the Sentinel Key is attached and responding correctly
- Connecting to the License Server by way of Remote Desktop causes hardware key problems
- Missing hardware key messages in Windows