Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
After installing the 9.3 version of ArcGIS License Manager, and after the restart of the computer, the following error displays:
“ARCGIS.exe Application Error: Instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read."
The number referencing the memory location varies depending upon individual system characteristics.
This applies to ArcGIS.exe errors only. Not to ArcMAP.exe errors.
During the installation of the ArcGIS License Manager, the settings are sometimes not properly saved.
Log on, with administrative rights, to the machine that is running the ArcGIS License Manager.
1. Navigate to Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager (9.x) > License Manager Tools.
2. Click the 'Config Services' tab.
3. Press the 'Save Service' button, and click 'Yes'.
4. Go to the 'Start/Stop/Reread' tab.
5. Click 'Stop Server', 'Start Server', and 'Reread License File'.
6. Close the LMTOOLS.
As an additional precautionary measure in a production environment, it is recommended that the following steps be taken if the License Manager has failed to start properly more than once following a system reboot.
1. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > ArcGIS License Manager (right-click) > Properties > Recovery.
2. Change the settings on the first and second failure to 'Restart the Service'.
3. Press 'Apply'.
4. Close all windows that were opened to make these changes.