Problem: Unable to automatically submit an Error Report to ESRI
When a fatal error occurs in an ArcGIS 9.3 application, a dialog box presenting the option to send an error report to ESRI usually appears. This report is delivered through a Web service.
If the Microsoft .Net 2.0 Framework is not installed on the computer, ArcGIS is not able to utilize the Web service, and a dialog box is displayed with the option to save the error report, and then e-mail it to ESRI.
Web services require that the Microsoft .Net 2.0 Framework is installed, which is not supplied with ArcGIS.
Solution or Workaround
The following steps describe how to download the .Net 2.0 Framework from Microsoft and configure ArcGIS to use the .Net 2.0 Support feature.
- Download and install the Microsoft .Net 2.0 framework from
The above link points to a Web page created, owned, and maintained by Microsoft.
- After installing the Microsoft .Net 2.0 Framework, open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel and select the entry for ArcGIS Desktop.
- Click the 'Change/Remove' button
- When the ArcGIS Setup dialog box appears, select the 'Modify' option and click the 'Next' button.
- Add the '.NET Support' feature to install the .NET client for ArcGIS. This grants the capability to submit the Error Report through the Web service.
- Click the 'Next' button twice on the ArcGIS Setup dialog box to complete the installation.