How To: Uninstall and reinstall existing ArcGIS Image Server
Instructions provided describe how to uninstall and reinstall an existing version of ArcGIS Image Server. In situations where a complete uninstallation and reinstallation of Image Server and ArcGIS Desktop is required, follow the uninstallation order given below.
- Stop all the ArcGIS Image Server related services and delete them from Windows services, using command sc delete <service name> from the Windows command line utility.
- Go to Windows > Add or Remove Programs > ArcGIS Image Server and Click on Change. When the ArcGIS Image Server Setup dialog box opens up, click on option 'Remove'. (If required, secure existing *.ISDef, *.ISCDef files for future use and manually delete folders such as Image Server, which is typically located under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\Image Server).
- Make sure under C:\WINDOWS\assembly folder there are no Image Server assemblies referenced, such as ESRI.ImageServer.xxxx.
- To uninstall ArcGIS Desktop, similar to above, go to Windows > Add or Remove Programs > ArcGIS Desktop and Click on Change. When the ArcGIS Setup dialog box opens up, click on option 'Remove'. (If necessary, manually delete C:\Program Files\ArcGIS and C:\Documents and Settings\<Profile Name>\Application Data\ESRI folders).
- Repair\Uninstall Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0, if necessary.
- Reboot the machine and follow the installation order given in the document titled, “What is the recommended order of installations to successfully install a complete ArcGIS Image Server“ located in the Related Information section below.
- ArcGIS Image Server 9.2 toolbar displays buttons as 'Missing'
- Why isn't the Image Service Editor toolbar visible?
- Where is the download location for ArcGIS Image Server clients?
- Getting errors when uninstalling ArcGIS software
- What is the recommended order of installation to successfully install a complete ArcGIS Image Server?