Problem: The ArcGIS Server .NET Manager shortcut is missing
After the installation of ArcGIS Server 9.2, the ArcGIS Server Manager link is missing from the Windows Start menu.
The Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) are not installed. This is a requirement for any machines that want to use the ArcGIS Server Manager application as well as create ArcGIS Web Mapping Applications.
Solution or Workaround
Install IIS before installing ArcGIS Server 9.2. The steps to install IIS vary by operating system.
- Go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Select Add/Remove Windows Components on the left panel. IIS is listed under different groups, depending on the operating system.
Contact Microsoft for further questions regarding the installation of IIS.
- After IIS is installed, launch the ArcGIS Server 9.2 installation again.
- When the installation screen loads, select 'Modify'.
- Install the 'Web Applications' feature by clicking on the gray box to the left of 'Web Applications' and selecting 'Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive'.
- Click 'Next'.
- Once the ArcGIS Server 9.2 installation finishes, go through the GIS Server Post install, which is launched automatically after the install finishes.