Error: An error occurred when trying to set the shape in the feature (geodatabase level); the coordinates or measures are out of bounds
When creating route events from road centerlines, the following error message is displayed:
"An error occurred when trying to set the shape in the feature (geodatabase level); the coordinates or measures are out of bounds."
This error occurs, because the features length exceeds the possible M Domain.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve the error, a new feature class with a larger spatial extent must be created. Then the existing data schema and feature attributes are imported into the new feature class, followed by re-creating route events.
- To increase the M Domain, create a new feature dataset, import a coordinate system from the existing road centerline dataset, and lower the M Resolution.
- Create a new feature class in a new dataset (accepting the default M Domain values from the old feature dataset).
- Import the schema from the road centerlines feature class.
- Use the Simple Data Loader to load the data into the empty schema.
- Use the Make Route tool in ArcMap to re-create the route events.