Error: The ORDINAL 2821 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll
After installing ArcGIS Desktop and Crystal Reports for ArcGIS Desktop on a DELL machine, the following error message is returned when booting the machine:
"The ORDINAL 2821 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll"
This is caused by a conflict in the version of LIBEAY32.DLL supplied with certain Dell products. In particular, it can be caused by Dell's SAS RAID Storage Manager, the files for which are located under the MegaPopup folder.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this, check for any MegaPopup folders located on the system and rename them.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Click on Search...
- In the Search dialog box, select 'All files and folders'.
- In the 'All of part of the filename' box, type 'megapopup' (without the quotes).
- For any results that appear in the right pane, right-click on the folders and select Rename.
- Enter a new name for the folders.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000009788