How To: Install .NET Support for ArcGIS Desktop
Instructions provided describe how to install .NET support for ArcGIS Desktop.
At ArcGIS Desktop 10 users install ArcObjects SDK for .NET (Desktop and Engine included) which also automatically installs .NET support. The setup for ArcObjects SDK for .NET is available on the installation DVD.
Below are the two instances in which .NET support is not automatically installed with ArcGIS Desktop.
• The .NET Framework was not installed on the computer before the ArcGIS Desktop install was performed.
• The version of the .NET Framework installed on the computer was not the correct version at the time that the ArcGIS Desktop install was performed.
The versions need to match as follows:
• ArcGIS 9.2 - .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0
• ArcGIS 9.3 - .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0
• ArcGIS 10.0 - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
• ArcGIS 10.1 - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
• ArcGIS 10.2 - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
To download the .NET Framework, see the links in the Related Information section below.
Once the correct version of the .NET Framework has been installed, .NET support can be added manually to ArcGIS Desktop by doing the following:
2) Beside ArcGIS Desktop, click the Change button.
3) Select to 'Modify' installation, then click Next.
4) Click the icon next to .NET Support and select the option 'Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive.'
5) Continue through the wizard to complete the installation.
To ensure that .NET support has been installed, browse to '%install path%\ArcGIS' and verify that there is a DotNet folder located there.
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000009776