Problem: Microsoft Office 2007 Excel does not allow tables to be saved as .dbf format
When working with a table in Microsoft Excel 2007, there is no option to save the table in .dbf (dBASE) format as in previous versions.
This is by design with Microsoft Office 2007.
Solution or Workaround
Export an Excel table to .dbf format in ArcGIS.
- In Excel 2007, save the table as, 'Excel 97-2003 Workbook' (.xls format).
- Navigate to the .xls table location through ArcCatalog, and expand the file to view the worksheets.
- Right-click on the worksheet representing the table. Select Export > To dBase (single).
- Format a table in Microsoft Excel for use in ArcMap
- Insert an Excel chart into ArcMap
- Connect to an Excel spreadsheet in ArcCatalog
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000009760