How To: Verify that Business Analyst is installed properly
Instructions provided describe how to test to see if all necessary Business Analyst components are installed, licensed, and working properly.
After installing Business Analyst, activating the .sdlic file, and registering the software, follow the steps below.
- Select Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > Business Analyst.
- Once Business Analyst opens, close the Message Center if necessary. From the Business Analyst toolbar, click the Evaluate Site drop-down menu and select Find point by address.
Note: If the Business Analyst toolbar is not visible, go to both Tools > Customize and Tools > Extensions to verify that the box for Business Analyst Standard is checked.
- Right-click the map to open the Evaluate Site Wizard dialog. Enter the following address into the appropriate fields: 380 New York Street, Redlands, CA, 92373. Select Next.
Note: If not licensed for California, use an address included in the licensed region.
- For the option to define the prospecting area, choose Drive Time and click Next.
- Verify that three drive time areas of 5, 10 and 15 minutes will be created, leave all other defaults and click Next.
- Leave the default new Trade Area name, check the box to Create Reports and click Next.
- Verify that For Individual Features is selected and click Next.
- Highlight the Market Profile from Summary Reports and add it to the right window by clicking the single right arrow. Click Next.
- Verify that the option to View reports on screen is checked, leave all other defaults and click Finish.
- When the analysis has processed, verify that a layer with 5, 10 and 15-minute drive times have been added to the table of contents.
- When the Report Viewer opens, verify that numbers are reported for all three study areas.
- If both a drive time layer and a Market Profile are created, Business Analyst is installed and working properly.
Last Published: 3/25/2019
Article ID: 000009729