How To: Verify that Business Analyst is installed properly
Instructions provided describe how to test to see if all necessary Business Analyst components are installed, licensed, and working properly.
After installing Business Analyst, activating the .sdlic file, and registering the software, follow the steps below.
- Select Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > Business Analyst.
- Once Business Analyst opens, close the Message Center if necessary. From the Business Analyst toolbar, click the Evaluate Site drop-down menu and select 'Find point by address'.
If the Business Analyst toolbar is not visible, go to both Tools > Customize and Tools > Extensions to verify that the boxes for Business Analyst are checked.
- When the Evaluate Site Wizard dialog opens, enter the following address into the appropriate fields: 380 New York Street, Redlands, CA, 92373. Select Next.
If not licensed for California, use an address included in the licensed region.
- Select Drive Time and click Next.
- Verify that three drive time areas are created, with values of 5, 10 and 15 minutes. Leave all other defaults and click Next.
- Leave the default new Trade Area name, check the box to Create Reports and click Next.
- Verify that 'For Individual Features' is selected and click Next.
- Highlight the Market Profile from Summary Reports and add it to the right window by clicking on the single right arrow. Click Next.
- Verify that the option to View reports on screen is checked, leave all other defaults and click Finish.
- When the analysis has processed, verify that a layer with 5-, 10- and 15-minute drive times has been added to the table of contents.
- When the Report Viewer opens, verify that numbers are reported for all three study areas.
- If both a drive time layer and a Market Profile are created, Business Analyst is installed and working properly.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000009729
Software: ArcGIS Business Analyst 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1 Esri Business Analyst Desktop 10