Error: The computer you chose is not a valid license server
When selecting a License Manager server in the Desktop Administrator, even though the hostname/IP address is correct, the following error message displays:
Error: "The computer you chose is not a valid license server."
This error is produced when the network lookup by way of hostname or IP address fails.
Solution or Workaround
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.Set the hostname of the License Manager in the Desktop Administrator using the Windows Registry.
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type regedit. Click OK to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\License.
- Double-click on the License_Server key to open the Edit String window.
- Enter the hostname or IP address of the License Manager machine in the Value Data box, starting with an @ symbol.
If the hostname of the server is GIS-SERVER, enter the following:
@GIS-SERVERIf the IP address of the server is 192.168.1.23, enter the following:
@192.168.1.23If the License Manager is installed on the local machine, enter the following:
- Click OK to accept the changes. Ensure that the changes were made in the Windows Registry Editor window.
- Close the Windows Registry Editor. The hostname/IP has now been forced into the Desktop Administrator.
- Unable to see the license manager server when browsing in Desktop Administrator
- The Desktop Administrator will not open, or takes a long time to open.
- Why is 'Not_Set' listed in the Desktop Administrator License Manager folder?