Problem: WFS Connector Administrator returns error 'Unable to update properties' when using WebLogic Server 9.2
After deploying the ArcIMS WFS Connector file, wfsconnector.war, in WebLogic Server 9.2 as described in the ArcIMS Installation Guide under Step 4, the following error message displays after logging into the WFS Connector Administrator configuration page:
Error: "Unable to update properties: Unable to write property file C:/Program Files/bea/weblogic92/samples/domains/wl_server/./servers /examplesServer/tmp/_WL_user/wfsconnector1/tyx1yr/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/WFSEsrimap_prop Error: C:\Program Files\bea\weblogic92\samples\domains\wl_server\.\servers \examplesServer\tmp\_WL_user\wfsconnector1\tyx1yr\war\WEB-INF\lib\_wl_cls_gen.jar!\WFSEsrimap_prop (The system cannot find the path specified)".
WebLogic Server 9.2 does not deploy the .war file correctly with the steps provided.
Solution or Workaround
Deploy the ArcIMS WFS Connector wfsconnector.war file as a folder instead of deploying it directly using the following steps:
- Install ArcIMS 9.2 Service Pack 3. See Related Information below for the link to the download page.
- Navigate to the WFS Connector directory in the ArcIMS Installation location. The default location is
- Locate the file wfsconnector.war and make a copy of it as backup.
- Rename wfsconnector.war to wfsconnector.zip. Extract the .zip to a new folder wfsconnector.
- Deploy the wfconnector folder as a Web application in WebLogic Server 9.2:
- Launch the WebLogic Server Administrator Console and log in.
- Select Lock&Edit on the Change Center panel in the upper left corner.
- Select Deployments on the Domain Structure panel.
- Click on the Install button in the middle of Deployments Summary.
- Navigate to the folder wfsconnector' created in Step 4; for example, located at:
- Select the folder wfsconnector instead of the file wfsconnector.war and click Next.
- Keep all the default settings and click Finish.
- Apply the changes made in WebLogic Server.
It should now be possible to log in to the ArcIMS WFS Connector console and save any property changes as needed.