How To: Improve performance for a map service on ArcGIS Server
Instructions provided describe how to improve performance for a map service on ArcGIS Server.
Ensure that the MXD has the following set by following the steps below:
- Scale dependency on layers and labels.
- Remove unnecessary layers or data frames.
- Use annotation instead of labels.
- Avoid complex symbology and label effects.
- Use the ESRI_Optimized style set for defining simple line and fill symbols. ESRI_Optimized style sets are designed for faster drawing.
- Use a map cache to improve rendering performance.
See the ArcGIS Online Documentation in Related Information for further information on these topics.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000009491
Software: ArcGIS Server (10.0 and prior) 9.2