Problem: ArcPress does not select the appropriate printer driver
Selecting the ArcPress Printer engine to print prompts the user to select an ArcPress printer driver.
The printer driver installed for the selected printer is not included in the ArcPress known printer driver list.
Solution or Workaround
Edit the ArcPress printer driver list: ArcPressAutoDrvSel.dat.
- Verify the ArcPress printer driver that is most appropriate for your printer before proceeding.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes and right-click on printer to add to the ArcPress printer driver list and select Properties. Note the exact Windows printer driver name listed after 'Model:' as this is needed in step 4.
- Open C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\bin\ArcPressAutoDrvSel.dat in Notepad.
- Locate the printer driver section that is most appropriate for the desired printer. For example, an HP Designjet 5000ps by HP PS3 should use the ArcPress HP Universal driver. Thus the entry would read:
<Driver Name="HP Universal">
- Under the appropriate ArcPress driver section, press Enter to enter a new line and type the following:
<Model>'printer driver name'</Model>
where 'printer driver name' is the printer driver name from step 2, with no quotes.
For example, if the printer driver name is HP Designjet 5000ps by HP PS3, then enter the following:
<Model>HP Designjet 5000ps by HP PS3</Model>
- Save and close ArcPressAutoDrvSel.dat and then restart ArcMap.