Bug: Cannot print map after IP address of printer is changed
Cannot print map after IP address of printer is changed.
This is a known issue with Windows.
This issue can be resolved by clearing the printer information stored in the map document. To do this, open the map document on a computer with no printers installed, then re-save the map document.
Below are detailed steps to clear the printer information stored in the map document.
The steps below can be performed on any computer that has the same version of ArcGIS Desktop installed. Choosing a computer that has few or no printers installed can reduce the amount of effort required to perform steps 2 and 5, below.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.
- Delete all printers and/or other output devices listed.
- Start ArcMap and open the map document.
- Save the map document and close ArcMap.
- If printers or other devices were deleted in Step 2, reinstall them under Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.
- Start ArcMap, open the map document and reset the Page and Print Setup options for the desired printer. The map document should now print to the proper printer.