Problem: ArcSDE compress hangs for SQL server 2005
When ArcSDE is installed against Microsoft SQL server 2005 on a server with multiple CPUs, compress hangs against the ArcSDE Geodatabase.
Microsoft bug 1124 with SQL Server 2005 has been identified to be the cause of this specific issue.
· This only affects users with ArcSDE session log files. Users with shared logfiles are not affected by this.
· To correctly identify this problem specifically, look at the activity monitor for SQL Server. Look to see if the sql statement that truncates the session logfile table is waiting on the statement that is deleting records from the s-table to complete.
Solution or Workaround
Install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2005
- How to identify your SQL Server version and edition
- Microsoft link for Fix of Bug # 1124