Error: Error 1327. Invalid Drive
When installing ArcGIS Desktop, the following error message is displayed:
"Error 1327. Invalid Drive F:\"
The drive letter may be different and usually does not exist, or is not a valid or currently connected network drive.
Note: This may occur when installing any Esri product.
The registry contains references to a hard drive or network drive that is no longer connected.
Solution or Workaround
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
- Navigate to Start > Run, type regedit and click OK.
- In the Windows Registry Editor, expand the following node:
- In the right pane, look for any value that contains a drive that is not correct or currently connected. Right-click the entry and select Modify.
- Type c:\my documents in the Value data box, and click OK.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 for each of the following registry keys:
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Close the Registry Editor and install ArcGIS Desktop.