Error: Unable to get parameter information from geoprocessing resource
When running a geoprocessing task from a Web Mapping Application, clicking on the task in the Tasks panel results returns the following error message:
"Unable to get parameter information from geoprocessing resource."
This error is returned when the geoprocessing task was not selected during the task configuration. On the Task Configuration dialog box in Manager, the geoprocessing task must be selected in the Task Definition panel.
Solution or Workaround
Select the task in the Task Definition panel while configuring the task in Manager.
- In Manager, on the Applications tab, edit the Web Mapping Application that includes the geoprocessing task.
- On the left-side panel, click the Tasks option.
- On the Select tasks panel, in the Current Tasks window, select the geoprocessing task and click Configure...
- In the Task Definition panel, click the + sign to expand the geoprocessing service.
- Click to select the task.
Even if the geoprocessing service only contains one task, the task must still be selected in the Task Configuration dialog box.
- Click OK on the Task Configuration dialog.
- Click Finish to complete the creation of the Web application. In the newly edited Web application, start the geoprocessing task from the Tasks panel.