Error: Bad Home Server URL: The URL entered is not a valid URL
When setting ArcGIS Server for the Java Platform as the Home Server for ArcGIS Explorer, the following error occurs:
"Bad Home Server URL: The URL entered is not a valid URL"
This is a known issue in the 9.2 version of ArcGIS Server for Java and ArcGIS Explorer.
Solution or Workaround
ArcGIS Explorer (build 380) and the ArcGIS Explorer home server files for ArcGIS Server have been modified to remove case sensitivity issues on ArcGIS Server for Java. Use the following steps to resolve this problem:
- Install ArcGIS Explorer build 380 or higher.
- From Windows control panel, stop the ArcGIS Server Manager service.
- Navigate to the following path: C:\Program Files\arcgis\java\web_output\ (or where ArcGIS Server for the Java Platform is installed).
- Rename the folder "explorer" to "explorer_92_orig".
- Download the patch 'explorer.zip', using the link in the Related Information below.
- Extract the contents of explorer.zip into the folder C:\Program Files\arcgis\java\web_output\
- Start the ArcGIS Server Manager service.
- Start ArcGIS Explorer and set the Home Server URL:
http://machinename:8399/arcgis/ (If running on an internal server)
http://www.mywebsite.com:8399/arcgis/ (If on a public web server)
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000009149
Software: ArcGIS Image Server 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2