Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
When activating the Search tab of the ArcGIS Server Help on a Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, or Korean operating system, the following error message appears, depending on the platform:
(.NET) "Warning: Search database not found "NET_Manager_searchdata.js"
(Java) "Warning: Search database not found "searchdata.js"
This is a known issue related to some unrecognized characters in the search database file.
Fixed search database files for both .NET and Java are attached to this KB article. Follow the instructions below depending on your platform:
1. Download the NET_Manager_searchdata.zip file and extract its contents.
2. Browse to the location of your ArcGIS Server Help folder, which is likely C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ArcGIS\Manager\Help. If you changed the ArcGIS Server instance name, replace 'ArcGIS' with the name of your instance.
3. Replace the NET_Manager_searchdata.js file with the one you extracted from the zip file.
1. Download the searchdata.zip file found here and extract its contents.
2. Browse to the location of your ArcGIS Server Help folder, which is likely C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\java\manager\service\tomcat\managerserver\webapps\arcgismanager\help.
3. Replace the searchdata.js file with the one you extracted from the zip file.