Problem: Cannot login to Server Manager for ArcGIS Server 9.2 on Windows 2000 Server
Cannot login to Server Manager for ArcGIS Server 9.2 on Windows 2000 Server.
The ASPNET local Windows account needs additional local security policy settings.
Solution or Workaround
Add the ASPNET local account to the local security policy to act as part of the operating system.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
- Open Local Security Policy.
- Expand Local Policies.
- Select User Rights Assignment.
- Double-click "Act as part of the operating system".
- Click the 'Add User or Group' button.
- Click the Locations button and select the local machine.
- In the text box, type ASPNET.
- Click the Check Names button.
If the user account adds with a bold line below the account name, the name has been checked successfully.
- Click Apply and close the Local Security Policy dialog box.
- Reboot the server.
- Attempt to login to Server Manager again.
If logging in with a local user account, login as: Machinename\Username. If logging in with a domain user account, login as: Domainname\Username.