How To: Obtain and register an authorization file for ArcSDE 9.2
Instructions provided describe how to acquire an authorization file for ArcSDE 9.2 to register it for use.
There is no separate ArcSDE 9.2 product at the ArcGIS 9.2 release. The functionality of ArcSDE is integrated within ArcGIS Server.
The ArcGIS Server Enterprise license includes ArcSDE for Enterprise RDMS software, for example ArcSDE for Oracle.
The ArcGIS Server Workgroup license includes ArcSDE Workgroup for Microsoft SQLServer Express.
To authorize ArcSDE 9.2, an ArcGIS Server Enterprise, or ArcGIS Server Workgroup a registration code is required.
- Go to ESRI Customer Service and select Product Registration.
- Select the ArcGIS Server 9.2 Enterprise or Workgroup software to register.
- Fill out the online form and submit the registration request.
- Save the authorization file, .ecp, received by way of email to a location on the computer that is to be installed with ArcSDE.
- On Windows, in the Post Installation wizard of the authorization step, select 'I already registered the software...' and browse to the saved .ecp file. Select Next.
Call Support Services at 1-888-377-4575 for assistance.
For all platforms other than Windows follow steps 1-4. For Windows platform, follow steps 1-5.