Error: The extension could not be activated. License request failed. All licenses are in use
When trying to activate an ArcGIS Desktop extension license in either ArcMap or ArcCatalog, the following error is displayed:
The extension could not be activated. License request failed. All 3D Analyst licenses are in use."
All available licenses for that particular ArcGIS Desktop extension licenses are in use.
Solution or Workaround
- Try to access the license again later when a license becomes available.
- If no other users have that particular extension license checked out, restart the license service. See the link in the Related Information section for more information.
- If the license has not been checked out by anyone and restarting the license service does not free up the license, verify that there are no expired licenses. See the link in the Related Information section for more information.
- Release a hung license from a 9.x License Manager server
- Warning: The (extension) license has expired