How To: Select multiple values using the Select By Attributes tool
When using the Select by Attributes tool, query operators such as IN, LIKE, OR, and NOT can be used to determine the type of selection for multiple values. For more information on the query operators types, refer to ArcGIS Help: SQL reference for query expressions used in ArcGIS.
The following workflow uses the IN query operator to select multiple values. This workflow is also applicable to the other query operators, LIKE, OR, and NOT.
- In ArcMap, open the attribute table of the layer.
- Click the Table Options button > Select By Attributes.
- Double-click the field that contains the desired values.
- Add a space after the field name and type IN.
- Select the parentheses icon.
- In the parentheses, select or type the desired values. Separate each value with a comma.
Note: If it is a text field, apply single quotes around each value.
<field name> IN (<field value>, <field value>)
- Click Apply.
Note: This method can also be used to select numeric and string values.
- ArcGIS Help: Using Select By Attributes
- ArcGIS Help: Building a query expression
- How To: Use advanced label expressions in ArcMap