Error: Invalid Pixel Bound Value(s)
When exporting to PDF, AI, EMF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG and other file formats from ArcMap, the following error message is returned:
Error: "Invalid Pixel Bound Value(s)"
The default printer installed on the computer is not providing ArcMap with correct information.
ArcMap uses information for the default printer on the computer to set the resolution of the display in ArcMap, which also effects the resolution of export files. The previous default printer on the computer either has invalid or non-understandable resolution information so that ArcMap is unable to properly export the map.
This error has also been returned when the 'Clip Output to Graphics Extent' option is checked in the Export Map dialog.
Solution or Workaround
- In Layout View, click File > Export.
- Uncheck the option to Clip Output to Graphics Extent.
- Export the map.
- Install a 'dummy printer' and make it the default printer. See the link in the Related Links section below for information on Esri's recommended dummy printer and how to install it.
- Reinstall the printer driver for the default printer on the computer.
- If another installed printer is available, make it the default printer.