How To: Install TrueType fonts for use with Web ADF for Java on Unix/Linux
The Web ADF for Java only reads the fonts that are available in the system's font directory on the machine where the Web application is hosted. On UNIX/Linux platforms, ESRI fonts, including the fonts for Northarrow and Scalebar, are installed under <install location>/arcgis/fonts directory of ArcIMS or ArcGIS Server, for example, $AIMSHOME/arcgis/fonts.
To display North Arrow, Scalebar, other ESRI fonts, or any other custom TrueType fonts in a Web application using the Web ADF for Java, copy those fonts into the system's font directory listed above. Instructions provided describe how to install TrueType fonts for use with Web ADF for Java on Unix/Linux.
- Log in as a root user to copy fonts into the system's font directory. If the location listed in step 2 does not already exist, the font directory may need to be created.
- Copy all the ESRI Fonts from <install location>/arcgis/fonts, from the server install location, or other custom TrueType Fonts used in the Web application into the following platform specific location:· Solaris: /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
· AIX: /usr/lpp/X11/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
· HP: /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ms.st/typefaces
· Linux: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
Verify that the file permissions on this directory are 755.
- Restart the application server used for deploying the Web application or the ArcGIS Server for the new fonts to take effect. Close and reopen a new Web browser session for Web applications that are already running.