How To: Specify a remap table as a model parameter for a model tool
Instructions provided explain how to expose the reclassification table as a parameter in a model to provide the ability for the user to dynamically change the classification scheme in a model tool.
When exposing the reclassification table as a model parameter the reclass field must also be exposed as a variable in the model. However, it is not mandatory that the reclass field be set as a model parameter.
Expose both field and reclassification variables to allow users to change the classification scheme from the model tool's dialog. Model parameters are marked with the bold letter "P".
If the field is not exposed as a variable, the classify and unique values buttons are disabled. Only editing, adding or removing entries in the table is allowed.
The reclassification (remap table) settings persist if the input raster is changed. If the reclassification values specified in the model are not suitable for the input, data may be omitted or misclassified.
For example, if the input elevation data is changed by the user, the maximum elevation value may be greater than what was initially set in the model. Values falling outside the range are not classified correctly.
- Add the Reclassify tool into the model.
- Right-click the Reclassify tool. Click Make Variable > From Parameter > Reclassification.
- Right-click the Reclassification variable. Click Make Model Parameter.
- Right-click the Reclassify tool. Select from Make Variable > From Parameter > Field.
- Add input data and specify reclassify parameters.