Error: An exception 'System.TypeInitializationException' has occurred in RegAsm.exe
While installing the ArcWeb Toolbar in a computer which has the .NET Framework versions 1.1 and 2.0 installed, one or more of the following error messages are displayed, depending on the configuration of the computer:
• "An exception 'System.TypeInitializationException' has occurred in RegAsm.exe"
• "Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
• "Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the Following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.
cordb.exe !a 0x9d8"
The installer is running RegAsm.exe, which is trying to run on .NET Framework version 2.0.
Solution or Workaround
Create a configuration file for RegAsm.exe to target the .NET Framework version 1.1.
- Uninstall ArcWeb Toolbar for ArcGIS.
ArcWeb Toolbar is installed but not registered.
- Create a new folder on the hard disk where ArcGIS is installed under \Program Files\ArcGIS and name it AWToolbar.
- In the folder AWToolbar, create a text file, named regasm.exe.config, with the following content:
<?xml version ="1.0"?>
<supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322" />
- Reinstall ArcWeb Toolbar.