Problem: Invalid Raster Dataset/Raster data sources are broken in MXD
Adding any raster produces the following error message:
"Invalid Raster Dataset"
When opening map documents that contain raster data sets, all data sources for the raster data sets are broken.
Another imaging application was installed on the computer that conflicts with the file rdo.dll.
Solution or Workaround
- Close all ArcGIS applications.
- Navigate to Start > Run.
- Type the following:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ESRI\Raster\bin\ntx86\rdo.dll"
- A message appears stating the registry of the dll succeeded. Click OK.
The above applies to Version 9.3.1 and earlier. The rdo.dll file does not exist in Version 10 and higher.
- Raster Data Objects Error : Invalid raster dataset error when viewing JPEG images in ArcMap
- Invalid Raster dataset. Failed to insert picture element
- Invalid raster dataset. Failed to create raster layer
- Adding more than 20 JPEG2000 images to an ArcMap document causes errors
- Invalid raster dataset, failed to create raster layer - The selection cannot be displayed in the current view
- Raster Data Object Error - Unable to read standard header