Problem: ArcMap allows to select a default font but changes back to Arial after clicking on text tool
Clicking on the text tool in the ArcMap Drawing toolbar causes the font to change back to the default of Arial, regardless if a different ArcMap supported font was selected beforehand.
The font is not saved according to standards required by ArcMap. The following are possible causes which can render a font unusable.
· The font name is not fully recognized by Windows, for example using Times for 'Times New Roman'.
· The font is a saved mixture of two or more fonts which is another problem related to naming convention. The name of the file should typically match the internal registered name of the font.
Use any fontmaking software, for example FontLab, to find the properties of the font.
Solution or Workaround
- Modify the font to allow editing and/or correct font naming conventions.
- Use a font that does not have the above problems.
If none of the above causes apply, please contact ESRI Technical Support.
- What font formats does ArcMap support?
- Some symbols, markers, or fonts change or disappear when exported to EPS or PDF
- Fonts appear different when printed with PostScript and in EPS and PDF exported files