Bug: Adding more than 20 JPEG2000 images to an ArcMap document causes errors
Adding more than 20 JPEG2000 images to an ArcMap document causes ArcMap to crash. Adding 20 images works correctly, but after adding the 21st image the error, 'invalid raster dataset' appears and the image is not loaded.
This is a known issue
There are three options for working around this issue.
- Use 20 or fewer JPEG2000 images per ArcMap document.
- Convert the JPEG2000 images to a different format.
- Mosaic the images into fewer rasters or one single raster dataset.
- Raster Data Objects Error : Invalid raster dataset error when viewing JPEG images in ArcMap
- Invalid raster dataset. Failed to create raster layer
- Invalid Raster dataset. Failed to insert picture element
- Invalid raster dataset, failed to create raster layer - The selection cannot be displayed in the current view
- Invalid Raster Dataset/Raster data sources are broken in MXD
- Raster Data Object Error - Unable to read standard header