Bug: Exporting to PDF hangs at 50% or 51%
Exporting to PDF hangs at 50% or 51%.
There are two known causes for this problem:
· The Normal.mxt is corrupted.
Select one of the two options below:
- There is a known defect when exporting maps to PDF that contain some scale bars or scale text:
Convert the scale bars and/or scale text to graphics.
- The Normal.mxt is corrupted. Delete or rename Normal.mxt with the following steps:
1. In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<your_login_folder>\Application Data\ESRI\ArcMap\Templates.
2. Delete or rename Normal.mxt.
3. Start ArcMap. Normal.mxt is automatically recreated from defaults.
4. Open the MXD and export to PDF again.