Error: The property values cannot be changed. The operation was attempted on an empty geometry
When trying to update a field in the attribute table, the following error message is displayed:
"Attribute Update The property values cannot be changed. The operation was attempted on an empty geometry."
Edits that have been made to the feature class have corrupted the relationship between the feature class and feature-linked annotation.
Solution or Workaround
Remove the relationship class that makes the annotation feature-linked, and work with standard annotation.
- Delete all relationship classes that relate to the feature class that is experiencing the error.
- Compact the personal geodatabase.
- Benefits of relationship classes
- Compact file and personal geodatabases
- About creating annotation feature classes