How To: Edit polygons with a common boundary
Instructions provided describe how to create a map topology that allows editing of a common boundary.
- In ArcMap, start an editing session.
- On the Topology toolbar, select the 'Map Topology' button.
- Check on the layer with the common boundary that needs to be edited, and click OK to activate the Topology Edit tool.
- Select the Topology Edit tool.
- Select the common boundary and begin editing.
Last Modified: 1/10/2017
Article ID: 000008830
Software: ArcGIS - ArcEditor 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1