How To: Edit polygons with a common boundary
Instructions provided describe how to create a map topology that allows editing of a common boundary.
- In ArcMap, start an editing session.
- On the Topology toolbar, select the 'Map Topology' button.
- Check on the layer with the common boundary that needs to be edited, and click OK to activate the Topology Edit tool.
- Select the Topology Edit tool.
- Select the common boundary and begin editing.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000008830
Software: ArcGIS-ArcEditor 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.3 ArcGIS-ArcInfo 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.3 ArcGIS-ArcView 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.3