Error: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected
When installing Service Pack #1 (SP1) for JTX 3.0 on a machine that does not have ArcGIS .NET Support installed, the following error occurs:
"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"
ArcGIS .NET Support has not been installed on the computer.
Solution or Workaround
Install ArcGIS .NET Support and SP1 for JTX 3.0 as well.
- Insert the ArcGIS Desktop Install CD.
- Select 'Install ArcGIS Desktop'.
- Select Modify.
- Click the Next button. If the .NET Support feature is listed with a red 'X', proceed with the following steps.
A. Click the 'X' and select 'will be installed on local hard drive'.
B. Click Next.
C. Continue through the installation wizard.
- Install SP1 for JTX 3.0. A link to the installation files can be found in the Related Information section.
- Job Tracking (JTX) 3.0 Service Pack 1 for ArcGIS
- Application has generated an exception that could not be handled