Error: No current position fix available
Although the GPS unit is connected correctly and it is able to receive data, the following error message is displayed:
"No current position fix available."
Obtaining a fix for the first time can take longer, keep the GPS receiver still until the position is fixed the first time.
Many factors can affect the performance of the GPS receiver. Weather and the surrounding environment can cause interference in achieving a fix. Locking in your position may take longer under the following circumstances:
· Urban canyons, among high buildings, under bridges or tunnels
· Cars, boats and planes equipped with solar control filmed windows
· Bad weather
· Under high voltage cables or nearby radio wave sources, such as mobile phone base stations
Solution or Workaround
Try the following:
- Move the receiver to another location.
- Move to an open space.
- Move away from the sources of interferences.
- Wait until the weather condition is improved.
- Be sure to quit and exit the GPS program completely if you try to restart.
- Check the power supply to the GPS unit.