Problem: Weighted overlay produces a blank image
When running the weighted overlay tool, the output raster is a blank image with values from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,648.
All of the images that are specified within the tool are not overlaying each other. For example, if rasterA overlaps rasterB, and rasterB overlaps rasterC, but rasterA does not overlap rasterC, an empty raster will be created.
Solution or Workaround
There are two solutions:
- If the non-overlaying area is represented by NoDATA, reclassify the image so that the NoDATA value is set to 0 (zero). Now a value of zero will be overlaying the other raster(s) where NoDATA existed previously.
1. Open ArcToolbox
2. Spatial Analyst Tools > Reclass > Reclassify
3. Specify the input raster
4. Specify the 'Reclass field' as Value
5. Under 'Reclassification', change NoDATA under 'New Value' to 0.
6. Specify an Output Raster and hit OK.
- Georeference the image so that it is overlapping the other image.