How To: Turn off alphabetic field sorting in the Identify Results dialog box in ArcReader
Instructions provided describe how to turn off alphabetic field sorting in the Identify Results dialog box in ArcReader.
In ArcGIS 9.0 and ArcGIS 9.1, the Developer Toolkit (included on the installation disk) must be installed to access the ArcReader Configuration tool.
If using a later version of ArcGIS, the ArcReader Configuration tool (ARConfig.exe) is found in the following locations:
ArcGIS 9.2, 9.3 or 9.3.1:
Once installed, verify that ArcReader is not running before proceeding with the following steps.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to one of the following folders:
• ArcGIS 9.1 or earlier - C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit\tools
• ArcGIS 9.2 to 9.3.1 - C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder
• ArcGIS 10.0 or later - C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Bin folder, or C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcReader10.0\Bin
- Double-click the ARConfig.exe file.
- In the first dialog box, click the User button to open the template file in the current user's profile.
- Click the Identify tab in the ArcReader Configuration Properties dialog box.
ArcReader Configuration Properties - Identify tab
- In the General section, uncheck the box for 'Sort fields'.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Click Exit.
To apply these changes to multiple machines, depending on the operating system used, copy and paste the ArcReader.art template file to each machine in one of the following directories before using ArcReader.
• C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\ApplicationData\ESRI\ArcReader\Templates
ArcGIS version 9.2 or later embeds the settings made to the ArcReader template in the Publisher Settings on the ArcReader tab. This allows the settings to be stored in the published map.