Error: Error 1904: Module C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin\DataGraph.dll failed to register
When installing ArcGIS Desktop or when starting ArcMap and/or ArcCatalog, the following error displays:
"Error 1904: Module C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin\DataGraph.dll failed to register".
This error may be displayed for a few different reasons.
Solution or Workaround
The following is a list of the most common solutions to this problem; however, if the first two solutions do not the work, the third solution should, although it has the most impact on time and resources.
- Manually register all .DLLs in <ArcGIS install location>\bin. See How To: Register the .DLLs in the ArcGIS Desktop \bin directory for instructions.
- Run a repair on the ArcGIS Desktop installation.
- Insert the ArcGIS Desktop installation CD into the computer CD-ROM drive.
- Select 'Install ArcGIS Desktop'.
- Select 'Repair' and click Next. Follow the rest of the wizard.
- If neither of the above solutions work, then the Windows operating system is corrupt. Reinstall the Windows operating system and install ArcGIS Desktop.
Note: Try running a repair on the Windows operating system before reformatting and reinstalling, but the Windows repair may not work.