How To: Enable geocoding error logging
Instructions provided describe how to enable geocoding error logging, which helps while troubleshooting problems.
An error log is created if the Address Locator does not generate any errors.
Use the first procedure for Windows clients and the second for ArcSDE Server.
- Window Clients
1. Set the following environment variables. Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > System, select the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables button. Click the Add button and enter the following:Variable name: LOCATION_VERBOSE=1
Variable value: LOCATION_ERRLOG=C:\Temp\location.errlog
2. Restart ArcCatalog and create the locator. The file C:\location.errlog is created.
- ArcSDE Server
1. Open the file dbinit.sde located in the %SDEHOME%\etc folder in Notepad.
2. Add the following lines;
3. Restart the ArcSDE Application Service.
- Determine which geocoding indexes go with which geocoding service
- Troubleshoot common geocoding problems when using ArcSDE