Bug: Dashed or dashed-dotted lines do not print or export correctly
Maps containing dashed or dashed and dotted lines do not print or export correctly from ArcMap; the lines display correctly in ArcMap.
Lines created with multiple layer symbology encounter a problem due to the difference in the resolution of the screen display and the output resolution. This is a known issue.
Note: The content in this article pertains to ArcGIS versions 9.x only. Later versions of ArcGIS may contain different functionality, as well as different names and locations for menus, commands and geoprocessing tools.
Use the following workaround:
- Open the Symbol Selector for the layer experiencing problems and click the Properties button.
- Select the first layer in the symbol and click the Line Properties tab.
- Change the Offset from 0.0000 to 0.0001.
- Change the offset for all other layers in the symbol and click OK.
- Click OK in the Symbol Selector dialog box.
Note: Offsetting the multiple layer symbology by this slight amount forces ArcMap to use different code for interpreting and outputting the symbology, which eliminates the problem.