Problem: Missing postal code candidates when geocoding
If the street data is updated and an address is being geocoded using the geocoding dialog, candidate postal codes are not shown. Standard address and intersection geocoding candidates continue to work as before.
The postal code centroid candidate is found at the bottom of the candidate list and is marked by a solid pink dot in the score column.
Incorrect formatting of the Zip field is the cause. The format of the Zip field on the street data update is double when it should be data type of 5 text characters.
Solution or Workaround
Run the FixZips utility to correct the format.
- Download FixZips from the link in the Related Information section below.
- Exit ArcLogistics if it is running.
- Open FixZips.zip and extract FixZips.exe to the local disk (e.g. the street data directory).
- Run FixZips.exe by double-clicking it in Windows Explorer or by using Run from the Windows Start menu.
- Browse to the drive and directory that has the street data.
- Click the Fix Zips button.
- Close FixZips.
- Restart ArcLogistics.