How To: Use the Split tool to export each feature in a feature class to individual feature classes
Instructions provided describe how to use the Split tool to export each feature in a feature class to individual feature classes.
The Split tool can be used to export each feature in a feature class to individual feature classes. For example, if a feature class has 50 features, it exports each feature to its own feature class, resulting in 50 new feature classes.
- Start the Split tool by navigating to ArcToolBox > Analysis Tools > Extract > Split.
- For 'Input Features', navigate and select a polygon feature class.
- For 'Split Features', select the same feature class as selected for 'Input Features'.
- For 'Split Field', select a text field that uniquely identifies each record. This field is used to name the output feature classes.
- For target workspace, select a folder or geodatabase where the output feature classes is to be saved.
- Click OK.