How To: Add records to existing data by uploading another data file
After uploading a data file, data can be added to it by uploading another file.
To add records to existing data by uploading another data file:
- Open the Content Library by navigating to the Build tab on the ArcWeb site and selecting 'Browse & Edit'.
- Filter content by data file. Select 'My Library > Data Files' in the filter boxes and click View Results.
- In the results, click the Edit icon for the data file entry to be modified. The Edit page appears and highlights the possible changes.
- In the Upload Data section, click the Upload button to open the Builder window.
- Click the Browse button to select the file that contains the data to be added.
· For DBF files, select a geocoding service if the data does not contain x,y coordinates.
· Be sure to also specify format the addresses if needed.
- Click Next.
- When finished, an Upload Complete page appears. Additional data can then be uploaded. Click Edit Data File to modify the data or add an individual record.
- Click Done to close the window.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000008259
Software: ArcWeb Services 2006