How To: Detect if any layers use transparency or picture marker symbology and how many layer masks are present in a map
Instructions provided describe how to detect if any layers use transparency or picture marker symbology, and how many layer masks are present in a map.
- For Version 10 and above, execute the arcpy.mapping script in the Python window noted in the ArcGIS Desktop help. See the heading 'Troubleshooting map export' in the ArcGIS Desktop help link in the Related Information section below.
- For 9.x versions, download and install the Detect Complex Output Sample available from the Esri Development Network. See the link in the Related Information section below.
Installation and use instructions are available on the sample Web page.
- ESRI Developer Network: Detect Complex Output Sample
- Maps print or export blocky, chunky, low quality, or raster banded from ArcMap
- Cannot map metafile into memory. Not enough memory
- ArcGIS Desktop 10 Help: Troubleshooting map export