Problem: Using Spatial Analyst Density function returns 'Operation Failed'
The Spatial Analyst Density function returns the following message:
The input dataset may contain a Null or Empty geometry. That is, there is a record without a corresponding feature.
You will need to identify which records have null geometry so you can delete the records.
- Navigate to ArcToolBox > Data Management Tools > Features > Add XY Coordinates
- Open the tool and add your input features. Select OK.
- When the tool completes, open the attribute table. Sort ascending on the field Point_X that was added to the table.
- Any record with a value of 1 in this field, identifies which records have Null geometry. Start an edit session, select these records and delete them. Stop and save your edits.
- Run the Density function again on the repaired dataset.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000008040
Software: ArcGIS-ArcEditor 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 10 ArcGIS-ArcInfo 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 10 ArcGIS-ArcView 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 10