How To: Change which ArcGIS Desktop product is installed
Instructions provided describe how to change the ArcGIS Desktop product installed and license type for the same version of ArcGIS, including changing between concurrent or floating use and single-use licenses.
Note: These procedures only apply to changing between products of the same version. To change between products of different versions, a complete uninstall of the current version is required.
These procedures generally do not require a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software, however, many require the appropriate ArcGIS Desktop, ArcView or ArcEditor installation CD.
Note: The procedures described here may require administrative privileges.
- To change from one concurrent use license product to another concurrent use product:
- If needed, update the license manager with a new license file containing the new concurrent use license. See the link in the Related Information section for using the Update License tool for more information.
- Navigate to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator and select the Software Product folder.
- Select the radio button that corresponds with the concurrent use product you want to switch the installation to.
- To change from one concurrent use license product to a single use product:
- Insert the ArcView single use installation CD into the computer CD-ROM drive.
- Select Install ArcGIS Desktop.