Problem: Video Compression dialog no longer appears when exporting from ArcScene or ArcGlobe
When exporting video from the ArcScene or ArcGlobe animation toolbars, the video compression dialog no longer appears. No AVI file is exported.
An entry in the registry is incorrect, causing the dialog to exit prematurely.
Solution or Workaround
To alleviate the problem, change the incorrect registry entry to a reasonable value.
- Open the 'Registry Editor'; navigate to Start> Run, type regedit and then click OK.
- Navigate in the registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcScene\Settings\ and find the value AVI_FrameRate.
- Double-click on "AVI_FrameRate" value under 'Settings' to bring up the "Edit DWORD Value" dialog. Note that the value is set to 0.
- Change the Base to Decimal.
- Change the the value to 20.
- When creating an animation in ArcScene or ArcGlobe, make sure that the checkbox "Keyframes every ___ frames" on the Compression Settings dialog is "checked". Also, set the value here (Keyframes every 'value' frames) to 20.
- Click OK to complete the export.