How To: Add new file extensions as recognized valid raster formats in ArcGIS Desktop
This document provides information on how to add file extensions as recognized valid raster file formats in ArcGIS, which is sometimes necessary.
In the following example, the file format .TC2 will be added as a valid CADRG dataset.
- In ArcCatalog, navigate to Tools > Options and select the Raster tab.
- Click the File Formats button. This opens the Raster File Formats Properties dialog box.
Note: CADRG is selected because it is the entry that will be edited.
- Locate the type of raster data to which the file extension must be added. Click on the existing file format, and then click again to put the field into edit mode. The cursor will appear and will be blinking to indicate that the field can be edited.
Note: The CADRG extension field is now available for editing.
- Append the new, additional file extension(s) to the list, using a comma to separate each file extension.
Note: .TC2 is now listed as a CADRG file.
- Select OK on the Raster File Formats Properties dialog box and then OK on the Options dialog box. The added file format extension will now be available as the recognized raster format in ArcCatalog and ArcMap.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000007886